[PLUG] Sound in VMware Server

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Mon Sep 17 20:14:16 UTC 2007

OK. Now that I have the virtual machine running again, I tried
installing the sound driver Aaron found for me yesterday. It is
sp17395.exe. It successfully installed on my virtual Win98. Naturally,
the virtual machine had to be restarted at that point.

When it did, I could detect the startup music. I had the volume level
down on the speakers, so I turned it up and loaded the program I have
that has sound files in it. I tried playing one. It works, but it sounds
lousy. The tempo seems correct, but the pitch varies, and it also sounds
distorted.

Any ideas on what to look at?

--
Regards,