[PLUG] Ubuntu / Debian research - Apache config

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Mon Sep 24 20:40:30 UTC 2007

As a follow up to my Apache issue last week I've been corresponding with the
Apache documentation group.  This has lead to the assertion that the default
Apache config in Ubuntu (and presumably Debian) has a bug.

If you run Ubuntu and have a fairly vanilla Apache install could you please run
the following commands and send the output to me?

  grep ServerName /etc/apache2/apache.conf /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default

If you have manually added a ServerName directive to your configuration it no
longer fits the "fairly vanilla" profile I'm looking for.

Thanks...

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity