[PLUG] ssh_pam and CentOS 5

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Sep 26 22:53:20 UTC 2007

Ali Corbin wrote:
>  On 9/26/07, Roderick A. Anderson <raanders at acm.org> wrote:
> > I'm trying to get ssh_pam installed on a new CentOS 5 install and
> > getting nowhere fast.  Done the Google searches, checked and added
> > _other_ repositories, and posted to the CentOS forums.
> >
> > Heck I even tried to compile from source but got some errors that I
> >  haven't  done much towards sorting out ... yet.
> >
> > I'm hoping this is a path someone else has tread and can give me a
> > solution or clue.
> >

>  I've worked with pam quite a bit, and with ssh some, but I'm afraid
>  that I've never heard of ssh_pam.  Nor did I find much when I did a
>  google search on it.  What is it, and what does it do?  It's possible
>  that it's an older package that was never upgraded to the newer
>  distros.  But you might be able to do whatever it is you need to do
>  with a different package.

I probably should have referred to it as "pam_ssh" not as it is known in
some of the packages.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pam-ssh/

http://www.clasohm.com/blog/one-entry?entry_id=12085

I can't really explain it better than the second link does.  I've used
it before on a Fedora Core 4 system.  Liked it a lot.  I have had to log
into 10-15 systems in a day and many of them multiple times.  Beats
typing my pass-phrase each time and I also don't have to leave the
connection/login open when not working on the system.

Rod