[PLUG] Local Python Help?

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Thu Sep 27 23:04:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 03:49:05PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:

> More specifically, they are defined in variablePage.py, class modVar()'s
> __init__() method. For example:
>
>      self.vname = wx.ComboBox(self, wx.ID_ANY, size=wx.Size(175, 25),
>                               style=wx.CB_DROPDOWN|wx.CB_SORT|
>                               wx.TAB_TRAVERSAL|wx.RAISED_BORDER)
>      self.appData.curVar = self.vname.GetValue()

These appear to be instance variables, in which case you'll need to
have an instance of the class available before you can acces them.
Somewhere along the line (either in the wxPython code, or yours... I'm
unfamiliar with the workings of wxPython), something like the
following must occur:

  from variablePage import modVar
  foo = modVar( your_init_args_here... )

After that, you should be able to access the variables of
the "foo" instance of modVar, e.g., "print foo.appData.curVar".

--
Paul