[PLUG] trouble with php and apache2 on Debian etch

Sandy Herring sandy at herring.org
Wed Apr 2 00:03:16 UTC 2008

Circa 16:37:32 on Tue, 01 Apr 2008, Frank Hunt wrote:
> drew wymore wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Frank Hunt <linux at frankhunt.com> wrote:
[...]
> > Frank,
> > Do you have this line in your httpd.conf
> >

> >   #AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
> >     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> >     AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
> >

> Yes, both lines are in there.

I can't speak for Debian, but CentOS loads PHP as a Dynamic Shared
Object. If Debian statically links php, it should show up in `httpd -l'
in the compiled in modules. If not, do you have LoadModule and
AddModules lines in your httpd.conf file? e.g.

LoadModule unique_id_module   libexec/mod_unique_id.so
LoadModule setenvif_module    libexec/mod_setenvif.so
LoadModule php5_module        libexec/libphp5.so
<IfDefine SSL>
LoadModule ssl_module         libexec/libssl.so
</IfDefine>
LoadModule gzip_module        libexec/mod_gzip.so
[...]
AddModule mod_unique_id.c
AddModule mod_so.c
AddModule mod_setenvif.c
AddModule mod_php5.c
<IfDefine SSL>
AddModule mod_ssl.c
</IfDefine>
AddModule mod_gzip.c

Note that I've included more than what's needed for libphp5.so since the
order is important.

Sandy
--
Sandy Herring, RHCE                        o              sandy at herring.org