[PLUG] The laptop I finally decided on

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Apr 5 04:03:05 UTC 2008

On 04 Apr 2008 19:37:08 -0700
Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com> dijo:

> Russell> If it's an Intel card, which is reasonably likely, it should
> Russell> work okay.  Intel is actively working on the driver.
>
> Google and HP say it is the Intel Pro/Wireless 4965AGN radio.  I don't
> have one, but I believe that should be working now.

Not exactly working. I have the Intel 4965agn in my Thinkpad with Gutsy
x86_64. The wireless connects reasonably well if you have a strong
signal. But then it just hangs up on you at random. The fix is to
upgrade your kernel or, as I decided to do, put up with it until Hardy
comes out. Hardy comes with a kernel that makes it work.

I understand 64-bit Windows also has similar problems with the 4965agn.

If yours won't arrive for a couple of weeks yet, Hardy Final may be out
by the time it gets here.