[PLUG] Any good Linux compatible WYSIWYG HTML editor

Carlos Konstanski ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com
Mon Apr 7 04:39:20 UTC 2008

Alex writes:
 > Hello Linux folkz,
 > Could somebody please advise based on personal experience,
 > are there any good Linux compatible WYSIWYG HTML
 > editors. I tried NVU (which is not maintained any longer), then its
 > bugfix derivative Kompozer, which is in general the same thing.
 > In short I need a Linux compatible tool which would allow me to do
 > HTML page layout, without digging through HTML tags, and possibly
 > support CSS. I don't mind if someone advises on any commercial
 > Linux compatible HTML editing tool.
 >
 > Thank you in advance for any hints or opinions,
 >
 > Alex

One thought might be monodevelop.  It has a GUI designer, though I
don't know if it can be used for aspx pages.  The screenshot on their
website shows a GUI designer for a gtk-sharp app.

Eclipse is another strong possibility.  If there isn't an eclipse
plugin for GUI web design now, there probably will be one soon.  See
http://www.eclipseplugincentral.com/ .  One possible choice of plugin
might be
http://www.eclipseplugincentral.com/Web_Links-index-req-viewlink-cid-924.html
--