[PLUG] Any good Linux compatible WYSIWYG HTML editor

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 8 13:53:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> 1. LyX will save to HTML -- you ought to be able to do a static web page
>  with it.

Ed,

    Yes, but that's the long way to get there.

> 2. The LyX/R integration on "literate" documents is near perfect now. You
> can edit a document in LyX with embedded R code to generate the graphs,
> for example. It might not be much of a stretch to embed a scripting
> language like Python in a LyX page and make dynamic web sites with LyX.

   More directly, PSTricks can be used with LaTeX, and I've written it within
LyX, too.

   I just sent Jose' Matos (at his request) for inclusion in the LyX wiki my
little development app that embeds LaTeX in a Python function. I don't know
of examples of doing it the other way: python within LaTeX, unless it's in
the code environment for display purposes only.