[PLUG] LPI certification through free geek...

Aaron ke7ezt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 15:32:43 UTC 2008

I'd like to do this as well.  I have the book..just need to set a date to
take the test and start studying..but I'm curious about the freegeek
offering. So even though I'm not really giving any information....I'll be
following to see how this turns out.  As well I might be interested in a
study partner if that worked out?

Aaron

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 10:16 PM, robinson-west user <
plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> It looks like my postfix mail server has been rejecting with server
> configuration problem on both my main relay and my backup relay since
> at least March 29, maybe longer.  I sent an email to lpi at freegeek.org
> stating that I want to take a Linux certification test, but I've got
> nothing back.  Naturally it wouldn't come through, but that was only
> three days ago and I don't see freegeek in the receive logs.  I think
> I'm being ignored and I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this
> problem with free geek?  What should I look for in my mail logs other
> than freegeek to see if any answer to my email was attempted???
>
> I suspect that the problem is sglgrey quitting.  I see warnings in my
> my mail logs that there is no clients_ip_whitelist.local and no
> clients_fqdn_whitelist.local or that these files are unreadable.
>
> What should the LPI level 1 certification test cost and what other
> options do I have to take the test if free geek doesn't work?  I
> don't know how many people, if any, are studying for LPI certs
> through free geek right now.
>
> I've gotten an email through from my ISP so I think I have things
> fixed.  I'll know if I get this email back from the list ;-)
>
>     Michael Robinson

Discere docendo