[PLUG] LPI certification through free geek...

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Fri Apr 11 15:49:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 08:40 -0700, Larry Brigman wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 8:32 AM, Aaron <ke7ezt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to do this as well.  I have the book..just need to set a date to
> >  take the test and start studying..but I'm curious about the freegeek
> >  offering. So even though I'm not really giving any information....I'll be
> >  following to see how this turns out.  As well I might be interested in a
> >  study partner if that worked out?
> >
> >  Aaron

It used to be $40/exam at FreeGeek, which was split with LPI.

Unfortunately, FreeGeek has recently told us on their mailing list that
LPI would now charge them full price for the exam. Since FreeGeek can no
longer use these exams to raise funds, they have decided to stop
offering the LPI exams.

Unfortunately (IMO), the options are Prometric and Vue.

Thanks,
Mike