[PLUG] Wireless (sigh)

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Fri Apr 11 21:56:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 12:10 -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> I have concluded that my problem is that I can connect fine (although
> some of the software tools seems kind of flaky), but I cannot ever get
> an IP address.

I don't suppose there is any chance the firewall has been turned on, is
there?

Run 'iptables -nvL' as root to list. If your firewall is disabled, it
should look like:

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Wil