[PLUG] Converting .mov to .mp4 ... on Linux

m0gely m0gely at telestream.com
Tue Apr 15 04:34:32 UTC 2008

Rich Shepard wrote:

>    When I try to view the video with mplayer I get a missing library:
>
> [rshepard at salmo ~]$ mplayer Placing_Shadows_on_Zone_IV.mov
> mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libdivxdecore.so.0: cannot

Have you installed the codec pack for Mplayer?

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/

Honestly, I don't know much about this sort of thing on the Linux front.
But if it's an MOV file, that's Quicktime, and the essential codec pack
has quicktime support in it.

>    If I can avoid this hassle I'll do so. What might I try since mplayer
> wants a library I cannot seem to find?

As I mentioned, VLC.

--
- m0gely