[PLUG] LPI certification through free geek...

Daniel Petcher daniel_petcher at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 21:09:42 UTC 2008

PCC Capital Center is located just south of the Tannasborne retail
complex... at 185th and Walker Rd.

In addition to Prometric testing, this campus hosts classes from
Portland Community College, Oregon Graduate Institute, Oregon Health
Sciences University and several other public institutions of higher
learning.

More exciting still, it hosts the Capital Career Center where you can
find dozens of free services to help build your job search skills. I
highly recommend Becky Meier's High-Tech Networking groups on Wednesday
and/or Friday mornings as a place where you can go to meet people who
may know a thing or two that can give you an advantage with regard to
your next prospective employer. They've got free classes in resume and
letter writing, interview skills, and programs to help overcome all
sorts of challenges (career path change, recent incarceration, senior
citizen, recent graduate, limited English skills, HIV/AIDS, presently
employed, long absence from the world of work, Windows user, etc.) and
find satisfying work. They are also good at helping "just plain folks,"
whatever that may mean to you.

They even have a resource room where you can use freely use their
Internet-connected computers for your job search. It never hurts to get
another pair of eyes to examine your resume, and all of their services
are free to the job seeker. (Grant money from folks interested in
seeing Oregonians employed pays for it all.)

They have been invaluable to me in my job search activities for several
years now.

-dP

--- robinson-west user <plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> It looks like Prometric offers the test
> through PCC Capital Center wherever that is.

---
Daniel Petcher
Daniel_Petcher at yahoo.com
http://folding.stanford.edu - the brain you save could be your own