[PLUG] Mounting digital voice recorder

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Apr 18 04:57:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:44:52 -0700
"drew wymore" <drew.wymore at gmail.com> dijo:

> > Tomorrow the POS goes back to the PSU bookstore. Now I'm off to google
> > for something that actually works on Linux. If anyone knows of any
> > digital voice recorders that are known to automount, please let me know.

> There are voice recorder devices that you attach to an ipod that will let
> you record. And the ipod automounts on Linux just fine =)

Yeah, but I already have an iPod, and it is too old for the recorder
device. So I'd have to trash a working iPod, spend a fortune on a new
one, and then spend even more money on the recorder device. In
contrast, the digital voice recorders run $30-100 or so. Plus they are
designed for recording voice in a lecture hall, which is what I want it
for.

Google is not helping much. Evidently some of the older Olympus
recorders automount on Linux, but that's about all I've found. Surely
there are other brands besides Olympus, but I'm not finding much.