[PLUG] Linux Clinic on Sunday, April 21 1pm at Free Geek

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Apr 18 16:28:21 UTC 2008

"Doctor, the patient is turning blue!"
"Yes nurse, there appears to be an algorithmic embolism."
"Algorithmic embolism?"
"The common term is Bloatware."
"Doctor, how can we save this patient?"
"We must perform an immediate Win-dectomy! Hand me the Ubuntu CD, stat!"

Yes, it is time to join Dr. Kil"dows" for another exciting episode
of Linux Clinic!  We've got distros!  We've got wifi and wired
networking!  We've got coffee and cookies!  We've got Portland Punch
and Penguinos!  We are buff, agile, Windows-free, and ready to help
you install and use Linux!  (We've got too many exclamation marks?)

The clinic is happening this Sunday, April 20th at 1PM, at Free Geek
at 1731 SE 10th Avenue in Portland ( www.freegeek.org ).  We will be
using the meeting room on the southeast corner of the building.  The
main facility and the store is closed on Sunday.

See you there!

Keith

(p.s. The official release of Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron does not happen
until April 24, but the release candidate is available.  Perhaps some
intrepid souls can burn a few CDs of that, and we can do a few bleeding
edge installs).