[PLUG] Linux Clinic on Sunday, April *20* 1pm at Free Geek

donkyhotay donkyhotay at verizon.net
Sat Apr 19 07:10:19 UTC 2008

I just performed the automatic upgrade from gutsy to hardy on my ubuntu
box. Compared to some previous ubuntu upgrades (like from dapper to
edgy) this one was a snap. The only problems I ran into were due to my
own arrogance. I chose to keep my original menu.lst and xorg.conf files
instead of letting the updater handle them automatically. This
(partially) broke my system and I tried repairing them manually but had
to end up letting the automated system recreate the defaults (like it
wanted too in the first place). Once I did this then ubuntu worked
flawlessly again and I was able to easily rewrite the modifications I
had been trying to keep.

Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.