[PLUG] Mounting digital voice recorder

Denis Heidtmann denish at dslnorthwest.net
Sat Apr 19 16:02:01 UTC 2008

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:00:31 -0700 (PDT)
> Since posting that I have discovered that the Zoom H2 is reputed to
> work well with Linux. It uses a removable SDRAM chip. However, the
> company says it only supports Windows and MacOS. It does save in MP3
> and WAV formats, though. The big drawback is the cheapest you can find
> it for is ~ $150. Plus it has too many features. Very bewildering for
> those of us who are gadget-challenged.

John,

I know nothing about recorders, but I know that I record from records onto the
computer using Audacity.  (Do I recall you bad-mouthed Audacity in the past?).
I believe you can restrict the bandwidth and the # channels.  Maybe a script
could be generated to launch things in the right configuration.

-Denis