[PLUG] Mounting digital voice recorder

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Apr 19 21:33:04 UTC 2008

>>>>> "John" == John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> writes:

John> Since posting that I have discovered that the Zoom H2 is reputed to
John> work well with Linux. It uses a removable SDRAM chip. However, the
John> company says it only supports Windows and MacOS. It does save in MP3
John> and WAV formats, though. The big drawback is the cheapest you can find
John> it for is ~ $150. Plus it has too many features. Very bewildering for
John> those of us who are gadget-challenged.

It costs $150 because it's worth it.  It's a serious recorder with a great
sound, and capable of 90, 120, and 180 degree separation for L-R recording.
Heck, you can even record quad if you want.

I'm using it a lot for my podcasts now.  I even use it as my "desk" mike for
voiceovers/intros/outros, because it'll go "live" over the USB link and look
like a mike to the OS.

However, the default setting is trivial, and works.  Flip it on, hit the
record button twice.  Hit the stop button when you're done.