[PLUG] Setting serial parameters

Denis Heidtmann denish at dslnorthwest.net
Sat Apr 26 19:41:27 UTC 2008

Help.  I am trying to communicate with a CP-290, and X10 controller.  I did this
last year, so I know it is possible.  Here is a summary of the status.

Required: Baud rate : 600, Data bits : 8, Parity : None, Stop bits : 1

setserial says:
  setserial /dev/ttyS1 -a
/dev/ttyS1, Line 1, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3
         Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 192
         closing_wait: 3000
         Flags: spd_cust skip_test

Running x10 -t says it will take about 10 seconds, but it runs forever. ^c to stop.

So the first thing I would like to determine and possibly change are the serial
parameters.  Is the use of spd_cust and divisor the way to set the baud down to
600?  How do I set the other parameters?

Running Kubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn)

Thanks for any pointers.

-Denis