[PLUG] '98 Network Card Too Old?

Nye Walker ncwalker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 11:41:36 UTC 2008

I don't know about other's experiences, but I have had NICs wear out.
Generally they are cheaper manufacturers (generally corrosion on the pins).
It is rare though.

If you start noticing packet loss, try replacing the cable you are using, if
that doesn't work, inspect the RJ45 jack on the network card for any signs
of pin damage (either bent of corroded).