[PLUG] Speech recognition on Linux

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Apr 30 16:20:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 00:53 -0700, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> We would also like to work out some kind
> of sharing setup so she can use it at both her office and at home,
> perhaps by moving sound data over the VPN link (60msec ping time
> through Seattle) or by buying 2 copies ( 2*yikes !!!) and sharing
> the config and training files over the network.  Of course, security
> and patient confidentiality are paramount;  I doubt we could achieve
> sufficient security with a Windows machine in the mix.

If running in a VM is an option, then maybe you could put it in its own
VM and move it back and forth on its own USB stick/drive, so you have to
pay for only one license. You could encrypt the drive to protect the
data and remove NICs from the VM so it is isolated from the rest of the
world. Getting data in and out of it then becomes an exercise in local
storage manipulation.

Wil