[PLUG] Apache2 Directory indexing in Etch not possible?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 18:04:20 UTC 2008

I need to enable directory indexing in apache2 running on Debian Etch (4.0).

After much digging, I've discovered that the mod_autoindex module
required to enable this functionality is missing. Normally, this is
compiled into the binary directly, but an "apache2 -l" reveals that it
is not. It also is not listed in the mods-available  directory, nor is
there an obvious package for it in apt.

Any thoughts? This is really basic functionality which I've never seen
so completely removed before. I assume it's a Debian thing, but The
Google reveals nothing so far...

-_-?

--
-Regards-