[PLUG] AOL on plan 9?

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 23:29:03 UTC 2008

# from m0gely
# on Saturday 02 August 2008 15:20:

>Guys, seriously.

Yeah, arguments like the one this could have been (before the etiquette
of licking the butter knife came up) are why we have beer after the
meetings, not really why we have a mailing list.  So what if reactOS is
also going to get plan 9 wrong?  Surely there's a more suitable mailing
list for that discussion?

Was there a question about how to configure bind for IPV6 in a chroot on
nfs in ReactOS and I just missed it?

Maybe someone who has Mr. Robinson in their killfile could comment on
just how surreal the conversations get when listening only to the
replies?  Does RFC2821 have anything to say about mail via passive
sonar?

Personally, I think they should be writing the kernel in arc++, but that
probably presents a compatibility problem with word document macros
unless they manage to JIT the VB or whatever, right?  Yeah, I'm failing
to stay on topic here... Probably easier to just use dcop to inject
random words from the dict file and hit send once it parses as valid
cobol, but I think the cool kids are all busy watching mythtv via xmpp
and/or twitter these days anyway.

--Eric
--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
--Occam's Razor