[PLUG] Linux Plumbers Conference + Student Day

Sarah A Sharp saharabeara at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 18:29:57 UTC 2008

Please excuse me spamming the list.  I wasn't sure whether to send this
to plug-jobs at lists.pdxlinux.org or here. :)  Feel free to send me any
questions about LPC.

Sarah Sharp
Intel Linux Hacker
Portland State Aerospace Society member

Linux Plumbers Conference

Linux Plumbers Conference is a local Portland conference that will take
place September 17th-19th.  We are targeting developers working on the
low level programming of Linux, including the kernel, libraries, and
system applications such as udev, hal, and dbus.  We came up with the
name "Plumbers" because we wanted to represent these areas as the basic
system infrastructure.  We also wanted this to be a working conference,
where people solve plumbing problems instead of just yammering at each
other.

Linux Plumbers Conference
17-19 September 2008
Smith Memorial Student Union
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/

Early bird registration ends on August 18th, so register at
http://linuxplumbersreg.eventbrite.com/ before the registration fee
increases from $250 to $300!

Linux Plumbers Conference Student Day

LPC is also hosting a Student Day, catering to students who want to work
on plumbing infrastructure.  The Student Day includes hands-on tutorials
from local open source developers, an introduction to the open source
communities represented at the Linux Plumbers Conference, and a career
panel comprised of local open source companies.

Linux Plumbers Conference Student Day
16 September 2008, 9:00-17:00
Portland State Business Accelerator
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/program/students/

The $50 student registration fee includes admission to the Linux
Plumbers Conference, the Tuesday evening IBM-sponsored event at Aura
Lounge with Linux Kernel Summit attendees, and the Wednesday night
Intel-sponsored event at the Portland Art Museum.  Students should
register at http://linuxplumbersreg.eventbrite.com/

Students who wish to attend LPC Student Day must have been registered
as a full-time student for the last term of the 2007-2008 school year,
or be registered as a full-time student for the Summer 2008 or Fall 2008
term.