[PLUG] question

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 04:11:40 UTC 2008

In ascii art form:

Debian --{switch}-- Ubuntu--{modem}---{ISP}

How is your modem connecting to the ISP?  PPPoE?  Straight DHCP?
Static IP?  Something else?

What version of Ubuntu are you using?

Whomever it is your ISP has to assign you an IP address, gateway,
netmask, DNS, etc.  They'll either write it down for you or assign it
to you dynamically.

Regards,
- Robert