[PLUG] Avoid Yahoo - was: Need new e-mail account

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Aug 15 20:15:02 UTC 2008

On a slightly skewed note, when picking a mail account, please
avoid Yahoo mail.  After many hours of gathering data and filling
out stupid forms, the supportclown at Yahoo decided to continue
throwing out the personal mail I send to my friends who happen
to be Yahoo subscribers.  So if you have a Yahoo mail account,
I probably can't send email to you.  While you may consider that
a blessing :-), it also means that other people that run their
own small servers may not be able to send email to you as well.

Oh well.  Time to use my seldom touched emergency gmail account
to tell friends and relatives currently on Yahoo to also get
gmail accounts so I can continue to communicate with them.
Strangely, mail to Yahoo groups still works.

Keith