[PLUG] OT menuetos

robinson-west user plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Mon Aug 18 18:16:02 UTC 2008

Anyone know why the 64 bit version is under a non gpl license?

What is menuetos all about?  I found out about it googling for
information on ReactOS.  I honestly don't see the need to program
at the assembly level, C with today's optimizing compilers is
mostly portable and good enough.

I think Linux even has a bigger app base than MenuetOS.  ReactOS
makes more sense to me if it's promise is ever fully realized.
Wine will never support Windows drivers and there are many apps
that are either a not fast enough or b nonfunctional.

One thing I wonder about with ReactOS, how is security done right
going to feel like Windows?  Supposedly NT allows an object model
with highly definable permissions, yet most people run as
administrator.

     Michael C. Robinson