[PLUG] Verizon FIOS, swapping out the Actiontec cable modem (2)

Aaron Ten Clay aaron at madebyai.com
Thu Aug 28 00:17:32 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 27 August 2008 01:49:39 pm Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> > Right now, I have the minimum FIOS service, 5M up, 2M down.
>
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:42:08PM -0700, Galen Seitz wrote:
> > Is this correct?  Is your outbound speed really greater than inbound?
>
> Keith responds:
> Darn, there I go again, thinking myself above everyone else.
> To the REST of you deluded egotists, it is 5M down, 2M up.  :-)
>
> Keith

If you know anyone else getting FiOS, you might want to recommend they have
ethernet run into their home instead of coax. That's what I did. They won't
charge extra at install time and it's much easier to remove the actiontec
router - just unplug the cat5e and connect to a new linux PC for routing :)