[PLUG] Xubuntu/Thunderbird Outbound Mail

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Aug 29 17:04:55 UTC 2008

   Time to get this fixed, and I'm out of ideas.

   Running Xubuntu-8.04 on my wife's laptop. When trying to send a message a
progress box appears displaying the message, "connected to <mail server>,"
and another dialog box asks for her password on the server. We enter that,
and check the box to have the system remember that user and password, then
click the "OK" button.

   The progress bar indicator happily cycles from left to right, but the
dialog box asking for her password keeps popping up. No matter how many
times it's entered, the question re-appears and the message is not sent.

   Where do I start looking for the source of this problem so I can fix it?