[PLUG] Xubuntu/Thunderbird Outbound Mail

wes plug at the-wes.com
Sat Aug 30 00:33:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, wes wrote:
>
> > Well, you're right of course, but, it's already broken - you're not
> likely
> > to break it more by poking at it.
>
>    No, it's not broken because I've not had any problems with sending mail.
> Only she does from the different network host.
>
>   Following up on feedback from the postfix mail list, I made a bunch of
> changes and additions to /var/spool/postfix/ and got saslauthd running, but
> there's still a permissions issue. Sigh.
>
> Rich

It's true that mail functionality is not broken, but my point is that you're
not likely to break said mail functionality by playing with saslauthd.
Theoretically (aka irrelevantly), it's the function of sending mail from
another host, authenticating via saslauthd, that is broken. I can only
assume from the context that you only have the one user sending mail from
another host.

If that is the case, you may want to consider finding another way to
authenticate that host.

If you would like us to help with the remaining issue, it would be helpful
to know what changes were made, and what effect (if any) those changes had
on the previously reported symptoms.

-wes