[PLUG] Virus / Worm Check

frank hunt linux at frankhunt.com
Sat Aug 30 06:00:32 UTC 2008

MJang wrote:

>> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, MJang wrote:
>>

> Any recommendations? I've played with sendmail and Postfix, hear good
> things about qmail.

I have run my own mail server since the mid 80's (sometimes wondering
why).  I used to use sendmail when I was running HP-UX but moved
gleefully to postfix/spamassassin on Linux (RH9, RHEL, FC4 then settled
on Debian).  It takes a little set-up and "training" the baysian system
and occasional maintenance (usually minor tweaking depending on the kind
of spam you receive and how smart the spammers are) but is well
supported and, best of all, it works.

--
frank hunt
befuddled linux admin