[PLUG] Bulk Downloads With wget

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Dec 1 17:32:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, Russ Johnson wrote:

> Assuming that's a cut and paste, the path is incorrect.

   Yes, it was copied from the address line on the browser tab.

> I tried it with wget, and verified the path.
>
> $ wget
> ftp://slackware.osuosl.org/pub/slackware/slackware-12.0/patches/packages/*.tgz
                              ^^^

   That's what was missing. If I remember to put in that directory I can use
ncftpget.

   As it turned out, using wget grabbed every file in every directory when I
wanted only those in the 12.0 patches directory.

   Your information is valuable, Russ. Thank you.