[PLUG] Checking out Fedora 10...

Terry Griffin griffint at pobox.com
Mon Dec 1 17:48:02 UTC 2008

On Monday 01 December 2008 6:35 am, wes wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 10:10 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
>
> [snip]
> >
> > If you have Internet connectivity, you don't need a local repository.
> > Every major distro and a lot of other open source projects are mirrored
> > at OSU OSL. Point your browser at http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub and go down
> > the tree till you find something that matches the strings on the right
> > hand side.
>
> I can tell you from experience that OSU does expire the repositories
> eventually. I believe the OP mentioned that the purpose for creating the
> local repository was for longevity, which OSU does not provide.

The mirror at Portland State, fedora.cat.pdx.edu (rsync, ftp, http),
does not seem to expire anything that is not expired on the master server.

For older Fedora stuff the master server is archives.fedoraproject.org.
(http, rsync). I've not found a local mirror for this one.

If you want to go way back in time to the pre-Fedora Red Hat releases
they can be found on archive.download.redhat.com. (http, ftp)

For the defunct fedoralegacy project there's a mirror on UofO's server,
limestone.uoregon.edu (http, ftp, rsync). Fedora Legacy had post-EOL
updates for Red Hat 8.0 through Fedora Core 6.

Terry