[PLUG] Notebook Touch Pad Protocols

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Dec 1 23:43:29 UTC 2008

   In versions of Slackware through 12.0 the psmouse module was blacklisted
and not loaded, yet the ps/2 protocol was used in /etc/X11/xorg.conf and the
trackpad worked when X was running.

   Now that I've upgraded to 12.1 I no longer have a cursor that moves in X.
The module, psmouse, is no longer automatically blacklisted. I've futzed
(i.e., trial-and-error) with /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse and the xorg.conf file
but cannot get the cursor to move. No one's responded to my post on
linuxquestions.org (although quite a few have looked at it, tut-tutted, and
moved on).

   If anyone has an idea how to get the mouse working again, please share it
with me.

Thanks,