[PLUG] Notebook Touch Pad Protocols

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 2 14:39:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, drew wymore wrote:

> What does /var/log/X.log show regarding mouse init?

   Hoo-boy! I totally overlooked looking at the log since X loaded OK.

   What it tells me is this:

(II) LoadModule: "psmouse"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module psmouse
(II) UnloadModule: "psmouse"
(EE) Failed to load module "psmouse" (module does not exist, 0)
(II) LoadModule: "mouse"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//mouse_drv.so
(II) Module mouse: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
 	compiled for 1.4.0.90, module version = 1.3.0
 	Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
 	ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 2.0

   However, when I run 'lsmod | grep psmouse' I see the module present.

   Does the double slash in the above path mean anything significant?

   So, the log tells me that psmouse is not loaded, but lsmod tells me that
it is. What do I do now, Wes?

Many thanks,