[PLUG] Open Source Help/Request Desk?

John Medway pdxlinux at johnmedway.com
Tue Dec 2 20:31:10 UTC 2008

I don't remember if I asked this here before, but ...

We're looking for an open source help/request handling web application I
can deploy to replace the old home-brew system we had in place. My user
base is IGNORANT of technology, so anything with as many fields as Bugzilla
will send them screaming (not to mention have them put in bad/wrong info).
But I do want the ability to comment on tickets and see the trail, reassign
tickets to other folks, have it send email, et al.

Looking for something potentially I can also add different non-IT help
queues, such as "HR Requests" and other department-centric requests.

MySQL back end, running on Apache is ideal. Ideas?