[PLUG] browser dinosaur cries for help!

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Dec 3 14:54:40 UTC 2008

I am a habitual user of Mozilla's original product, what is now called
SeaMonkey.  It is packaged by Debian as something (for trademark
reasons) called IceApe.  It is the old browser/email/composer/
chatzilla application suite, although for all practical purposes I am
only using the browser component.  I use it because it always worked,
and because everytime I tried Firefox I discovered that Firefox (at
least in its base configuration) lacked the features I had come to
expect, and was unable to easily discover how to replicate them by
using the myriad plugins.  For a long while now (gee, Firefox was
first released in 2002, so like 6 years) I've been able to blithely
carry on about my business.  However, increasingly websites are
breaking on SeaMonkey, while operating on Firefox.  Convincing people
to fix their websites for my increasingly fossilized browser may prove
unfruitful, and anyway, untimely.

So in order to join the 21st century, I am looking for help in
replicating what I see as the useful features of SeaMonkey in modern
Firefox, presumably by finding suitable plugins adrift amongst the sea
of those available.  The Useful Features(tm) are all found in the
SeaMonkey Tools menu:

  Cookie Manager
    Block cookies from this site
    Use default cookie permissions
    Allow session cookies from this site
    Allow cookies from this site
    Manage stored cookies
  Image Manager
    Block images from this site
    Use default permissions
    Allow images from this site
    Manage image permissions
  Popup Manager
    Allow popups from this site
    Manage popups
  Password Manager
    Logout
    Manage passwords

I kinda want all of those conveniently available, not too many clicks
away.  Suggestions?

seniorr at aracnet.com