[PLUG] browser dinosaur cries for help!

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Dec 3 19:58:44 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Larry" == Larry Brigman <larry.brigman at gmail.com> writes:

Russell> So in order to join the 21st century, I am looking for help
Russell> in replicating what I see as the useful features of SeaMonkey
Russell> in modern Firefox, presumably by finding suitable plugins
Russell> adrift amongst the sea of those available.  The Useful
Russell> Features(tm) are all found in the SeaMonkey Tools menu:

Russell> Cookie Manager Block cookies from this site Use default
Russell> cookie permissions Allow session cookies from this site Allow
Russell> cookies from this site Manage stored cookies

Menu-> Edit->Preferences->Privacy (Cookies setcion)

Larry>     This has all the info that you are looking for with maybe
Larry> the exception of Use default cookie permissions

Russell> Image Manager Block images from this site Use default
Russell> permissions Allow images from this site Manage image
Russell> permissions

Menu-> Edit->Preferences->Content

Russell> Popup Manager Allow popups from this site Manage popups

Menu-> Edit->Preferences->Content

Russell> Password Manager Logout Manage passwords

Menu-> Edit->Preferences->Security (Password Section)

Yeah, and away I run screaming again.  In SeaMonkey I can get by-site
specificity with one click and a little mouse dancing.  With Firefox
(out of the box) I have tedious numbers of mouse clicks and a new
window (that then has to be closed) just to get to the *general*
settings, another button leading me to an exceptions window (that then
has to be closed).  That is terrible.  You see, I keep assuming that
someone has made a plugin that puts that kind of sane control back
into a dropdown or something where it's convenient.  And I keep not
finding it.

Am I *really* the only one that misses that?

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net