[PLUG] Java translator for C++

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Dec 4 05:03:01 UTC 2008

I'm still trying to get a limited C++ to Java translator written in Java.
Lexical analysis seems to be what I need to do.  Does java support using
regular expressions?  I found about StringTokenizer.  Some cases I've thought
of which I might ignore are the following:

int a, b, c;

cout << "foo" << "blah" << ...;

There's no direct conversion for #include <iostream> etcetera...

What about namespaces and using directives???  My sample code won't use them.

I'm going to assume that I won't run into: cin.get or cout.setwidth...  too
complicated.

I might be missing something that should be ignored because I'm used to my
own style of coding.

How should I be dissecting the lines of code into tokens?