[PLUG] Lack of Cursor Movement in X: Part II -- FIXED!!

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Dec 7 03:12:43 UTC 2008

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008, Carlos Konstanski wrote:

> Is the track ball a USB device?

Carlos,

   No. It plugs into the DIN mouse hole socket on the rear of the
motherboard.

> lsmod doesn't show any such driver on my machine, but I believe I built it
> into the kernel.

   Bingo! Even though gpm was running, for some reason the psmouse module was
not loaded. I just loaded it and ... now the cursor works in both console
mode and X Window System.

   This brings up an issue that I'll continue on a new thread.

   Thanks very much. I totally forgot to see if the mouse module was loaded
because I assumed it must be.