[PLUG] oops - ip won't work Re: "brief" ifconfig?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sun Dec 7 21:03:05 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> While that is not the output I want, it looks easier to parse
Keith> into a summary.  If 'ip' is on most systems, I will use it as a
Keith> starting point rather than ifconfig.  Thanks for the
Keith> suggestion!

Keith> Oops.  Doesn't give the ip address.

"ip addr" is another.  Be aware that interfaces can have multiple
ipv4/ipv6 addresses as well.  Another possibility is
/sys/class/net/<iface>/* which has lots of information.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net