[PLUG] substitution question...

Fred James fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net
Mon Dec 8 22:54:46 UTC 2008

Eitan Tsur wrote:
> Anyone know how to convert the capitalized character after apostrophe(s) in
> a string to lowercase? (using s/// in sed, perl, etc...)

Eitan Tsur
Let me see if I understand what you are asking ... the pattern will be ...
    some string of characters followed by
    an apostrophe followed by
    a character followed by
    at least one space character
... such that if this might be an example ...
    Albert'S house isn'T very new and his last name is O'Malley.
... you would want to convert the S and T to s and t, but the M should
stay M ... like this ...
    Albert's house isn't very new and his last name is O'Malley.

Is that is correct then?  Any other details to consider?
Regards
Fred James