[PLUG] Loadkeys won't

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 9 19:04:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Eric Wilhelm wrote:

> I think the permission of interest is:  `ls -l /dev/console`
> But you didn't say whether you were running as root.

Eric,

   Good start, I think. To answer your second question first, when I run as
root, 'loadkeys ~/.keymap' runs. When I run as a user, it does not.

   On both hosts (this works on the big box), /dev/console has perms of
crw------- and is owned by root.tty. On both hosts, /etc/groups has root and
rshepard belonging to tty.

   So I see no differences between the two hosts, yet logging in as a user on
the server/workstation runs loadkeys while logging in as a user on the
notebook doesn't.

   Grr-r-r!

Thanks,