[PLUG] Ubuntu 8.10 and samba problem

William A Morita wamorita at hevanet.com
Wed Dec 10 03:49:53 UTC 2008

Help !

I have a samba server running on Centos 5.
I cannot seem to mount that samba share under Ubuntu 8.10.

I can mount from earlier versions of Ubuntu/Kubuntu and Fedora & Knoppix.
I have tried using:
   *  smbmount / cifsmount:
		mount -t smbfs -o workgroup=mshome,guest //goku/datashare
/share
		mount -t cifs -o workgroup=mshome,guest //goku/datashare
/share
		mount.cifs  //goku/datashare /share -o
workgroup=mshome,guest
		mount.smbfs  //goku/datashare /share -o
workgroup=mshome,guest
   *  mounting using fstab:
           //goku/datashare  /share cifs
guest,rw,gid=99,uid=99,dir_mode=0775,file_mode=0775 0 0

What worked on the earlier versions of Ubuntu now gets a "mount error 111 =
Connection refused".

The documentation gives no clue on possible causes for this error.

Suggestions?

- Bill

wamorita at hevanet.com