[PLUG] Loadkeys on Notebook Redux

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 20:47:44 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Carlos Konstanski wrote:
>> I find a rule for /dev/console in etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules:
>>
>> rules.d/50-udev-default.rules:9:KERNEL=="console",              MODE="0600",
>> OPTIONS="last_rule"
>
>   Yup. I see this.

<snip>

>   So, after reading the above web page I created
> /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules. This file has one line:

This looks suspiciously like the .rules files are ordered by their
leading numbers in the same way init scripts are ordered.  Since your
local rules file starts with a lower number, it is probably being run
first, and then is later overritten by the default rules.

What if you rename your 10-local.rules file to 99-local.rules?

--Rogan