[PLUG] Loadkeys on Notebook Redux

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 11 21:29:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Rogan Creswick wrote:

> This looks suspiciously like the .rules files are ordered by their leading
> numbers in the same way init scripts are ordered.

Rogan,

   Yes, they are read sequentially.

> Since your local rules file starts with a lower number, it is probably
> being run first, and then is later overritten by the default rules.
>
> What if you rename your 10-local.rules file to 99-local.rules?

   According to the web page on writing udev rules, they're not overridden by
later changes. But, the page also mentions that they are applied
sequentially so multiple rules can be written for the same device. It does
not say what happens if the rules address the same action.

   Regardless, I'll try it the other way .... Nope. No difference.

Thanks,