[PLUG] Is it Comcast or Motorola?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Dec 12 22:22:30 UTC 2008

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:56:31 -0800
"drew wymore" <drew.wymore at gmail.com> dijo:

> I have one without a power supply but its sitting in storage and if I knew I
> could find it quickly I'd give it to you (brand new just no power supply ...
> long story about that) ... If you don't source one in the next few days let
> me know and I'll do my best to dig it out.

Free Geek normally has them too, but the box is empty at the moment.

After further googling I discovered that owners of Linksys CM100 modems
love them, especially those who switched from a Motorola modem. So I
found one locally and talked them into $55 for it. It took some hassle
to get Comcast to recognize it because the idiot forgot to tell his
software that it should no longer be looking for a Motorola.

I have to say that it seems significantly faster. Whether that was due
to the degraded condition of the old modem or what I cannot say. A lot
of people have reported significantly faster speeds with the CM100
compared to the Motorola SB5101 and SB5120, even when both are brand
new.

Anyway, the saga is at an end. (I hope.)