[PLUG] Linux compatible ATSC USB tuner

Dwight Hubbard dwight at dwightandamy.com
Sat Dec 13 05:15:00 UTC 2008

What ATSC format(s)?  Some of the cards don't support the ATSC QAM format
needed to pick up unencrypted signals from cable.

I have a Haupagge HVR-950 that is plug and play with Ubuntu Intrepid
(previous releases required compiling the driver manually).  However, the
HVR-950 only supports broadcast HDTV and the analog tuner conflicts with
other Happauge PVR-150 cards and the analog tuner audio doesn't work.