[PLUG] Mail problem

Tim tim-pdxlug at sentinelchicken.org
Tue Dec 16 17:36:49 UTC 2008

> Okay, this got through. The only difference is that on the Windows box,
> AVG adds an anti-virus scan attachment. Is lists.pdxlinux.org setup to
> drop mail with attachments? I'll try turning that off and see what happens.

Note that these AV attachments are essentially pointless.  What's to stop a
virus from adding them?  Even if they were digitally signed, there's no
way for the recipient to verify it.  These are just free advertisements
for the AV companies that fill up our intertubes.

Anyway, it's kinda weird that the mailing list didn't at least bounce
those messages back to you with an explanation, if this indeed was the
cause...

tim