[PLUG] Going the laptop route...

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Thu Dec 18 05:54:13 UTC 2008

robinson-west user wrote:
> Well, a teenager is old enough to program a real computer.  Right now,
> I'm bidding on an Inspiron 1100 out of Washington with no OS installed.
> I'm hoping, unlike my seven other attempts to pick a laptop up at a
> decent price, that nobody wants an OSless laptop.  Linux should install
> nicely to it.  Bidding $130 is probably low, but by the time I pay
> $20 shipping I don't want to go much higher if I don't have to.  Maybe
> EBay isn't the best deal around.  It could just be the season.

Heck, if you're gonna spend $150 on something, you might as well get a
$300 new netbook! I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a used piece of gear
including shipping. :)

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, FBG, AB, PTA, PGS, MS, MNLP, NST, ACMC(P), WOM

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." --
Alfréd Rényi via Paul Erdős